Friday, February 12, 2010

AILEEN PAYUMO (IEDP PARTICIPANT PROFILE)

IEDP Policy team: Governance

Yr/Program: MBA 2010

Area of focus/concentration: marketing, the intersection of business and social change, Philippine economic development

Home State/Country: The Philippines, baby

Interests: Beaches, island living, volunteer tourism, all types of food (though I am taking a hiatus from lots of it due to allergies, OUCH)

What excites me most about PH: Family, friends, my people, introducing newbies to the Philippines, whale sharks (!), Pinoy food: Pancit, kare kare, daing na bangus, lechon, the best mangoes you'll ever try, lanzones, chicos...

Will you try balut in PH? If you mean retry it for the nth time, yes. Though I have to admit, after living in the US for 10 years, my palate has become tame, and I am now a little squeamish about it. I no longer eat the (crispy and feathered) whole chick. The yolk and the broth, however, are to die for. Sipping the broth directly from the egg is literally sipping the nectar of life.

Shout-out: Welcome home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment