Monday, February 8, 2010

MATT SCHAAR (IEDP PARTICIPANT PROFILE)

Name: Matt Schaar

IEDP Policy team: Economic Policy – FDI and investment

Yr/Program: dual MBA/MPP, 3rd year

Area of focus/concentration: International Policy, Corporate Strategy

Home State/Country: South Dakota

Interests: Outdoorseyness, Wii, Coldstone Creamery, Airline upgrades, and attending class.

What excites me most about PH: I’ve never had the opportunity to immerse myself in a country with a structure such as this. I think I’m most excited about seeing the faces of my classmates as we interact with some of its most prominent policymakers and relish the opportunity we have. A close second is the opportunity to see Profs. Deardorff and Chen do a Karaoke duet of Summer Lovin’.

Will you try balut in PH? ...once I figure out what it is, absolutely!

Shout-out: I couldn’t pick a more dedicated and awesome group of people with whom I get to share this experience. The places we’ll go long after the Philippines is something that I look very much forward to!

(P.S. Matt is our Treasurer Board member extraordinaire... meaning he leads us in budgeting/fundraising/and other $$ related matters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment